Firefighting for Hornsea Project One
Customer: Bladt IndustriesEnd customer: ØrstedLocation: The UK part of the North SeaPeriod: 2016-2018
Design and EPCI of firefighting systems for offshore substation.
Transformers, auxiliary transformers and shunt reactor rooms are protected by a stand-alone foam system (fluorine-free foam). All other rooms requiring fire protection are protected by an argonite inert gas system.
Competences and systems
- Fire alarm system
- Foam fire extinguishing system
- Argonite fire extinguishing system
- Electrical design and interface
- Construction and installation of three (3) offshore substations for the largest wind farm in the world (1,200 MW – 2018)
- Both systems are controlled by FAS (fire alarm system) - also designed and supplied by Semco Maritime
- DNVGL design approved
- Project delivered on time