Gunnar Groebler has been working for Vattenfall since 1999 where he most recently held the position of Senior Vice President, Head of Business Area Wind. In 2019-2020, he chaired WindEurope, an association promoting the use of wind energy in Europe and globally. From 2013 to 2016, Gunnar Groebler was a board member of Bundesverband Energiespeicher, a German association working for companies with activities in the fields of development, marketing and operation of energy storage. As of 1 July 2021, Gunnar Groebler will take over as CEO of the German steel and technology company Salzgitter AG.
”I look forward to joining Semco Maritime and contributing to the continued development of the Group’s activities in the sustainable energy industry, which is undergoing rapid development in recent years. Semco Maritime has already built up a leading market position and unique expertise in the fields of development, manufacture and commissioning of offshore substations for offshore wind projects, and the employees’ competencies and experience will be in demand in adjacent areas in the coming years,” says Gunnar Groebler.
CV – Gunnar Groebler
- 2015-2021 Senior Vice President, Head of Business Area Wind, Vattenfall
- 2014-2021 Head of Business Unit Renewables, Vattenfall
- 2012-2013 Business Development, Vattenfall
- 2011-2013 Head of Hydro Germany, Vattenfall
- 2008-2010 Head of Corporate Development and M&A, Vattenfall
Positions of trust
- 2010-2021 Deputy Chairman of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Germany
- 2019-2020 Chairman of WindEurope
- 2013-2016 Board Member of Bundesverband Energiespeicher